As everyone knows how Google Adsense is a great income source for many small and big publishers. Even today bloggers dream of having approved Adsense account. But, serious Internet marketers need to change the opinion about Adsense if they are relying on it completely. It would be much more better if Internet marketers avoid using Adsense on their sites. This may sound bit strange but I am sure at the end Internet marketers would convince with my valid reasons.
You may also be interested to read why new bloggers should not blog for the sake of Adsense
How Internet marketers work
Internet marketers or Online marketers job is to promote the products or services using resources available on Internet. The most common strategies used by Internet marketers are E-mail marketing, Online advertising (PPC campaigns) , Affiliate marketing, Search engine marketing (SEM), Search engine optimization(SEO) and Social media marketing.
When compared to traditional advertising on TV, newspaper and Radio, the Internet marketing is a cheaper way to get sales and leads. There are several tools available for the Internet marketers to measure the success of Internet campaigns which in turn can estimate the ROI ( Return on investment ).
Reasons why Internet marketers should not use Adsense on their sites
1. The very first reason is that Adsense ads may kill your business. For instance if you are selling paint brushes on your site, Google would start showing ads relevant to your niche. Undoubtedly they could be your competitor’s products. Some users might get attracted to those ads and finally end up with clicking on them. Google may pay you peanuts for the click or impressions, say $0.30 where as you can earn $10 for 1 set of paint brushes.
2. Being an Adsense publisher you don’t have any control on the ads. Sometimes they may show up irrelevant ads and Google won’t reveal the exact CTR (Click through Ratio) at any point. The most annoying thing is that when a user clicks on any ad it would be redirected to the merchant site on the same page. Users may lose interest to visit your site again.
So, it is always advisable to stay away from Google Adsense if you are a serious Internet marketer.
Steps to make Internet marketing campaigns successful
1. Focus on a unique product or service that you are going to promote on your website. Research well about your competitors and come up with an unbiased review. Don’t ever try to show only the merits of it. It would be good if you come up with the demerits and their solutions. People love honesty and may refer your services or products to others. Maintaining a blog related to your product or service would be an added advantage to Internet marketers.
2. Instead of using contextual advertising campaigns run by third-party ad networks on your site start your own PPC campaigns and affiliate programs. Start promoting your products or services via Social media and YouTube. When your site attracts adequate traffic and gets popular, advertisers may approach you with their direct advertising offers. You can have full control on direct ads and as well as earn an additional income.
Note: Apart from these there are many strategies to make Internet marketing campaigns successful. I may come up with articles related to it in future.
Final Conclusion: Adsense works well for any high traffic information sites like news and technology blogs. But, being a serious Internet marketer staying away from contextual advertising programs like Adsense is advisable.
I hope you all got it why Internet marketers should not use Adsense. Please do share and comment if you like this article.
Latest posts by Suresh (see all)
- Creating and managing your own advertising network - Nov 26, 2015
- The changing fortunes of gambling in the online domain - Nov 24, 2015
- India vigyapan review : advertising network - Nov 22, 2015