Airbnb is the leading hospitality company in the world. Headquartered in San Francisco, Airbnb is successful in serving millions hosts and guests across the world. The hosts list their property for rent and guests enjoy the staying experience. Isn’t it cool? I was little skeptical when I heard how some hosts are earning millions of dollars every month. But, after a deep research I found that there are huge income opportunities for all. The irony is that many people are unaware of this beautiful company.
In this article, I am going to have a serious talk about how to make money with Airbnb.
How To Make Money With Airbnb?
Airbnb is offering 3 types of monetization options : 1. Hosting program, 2. Affiliate program, and 3. Referral program.
1. Airbnb Hosting Program :
If you have a property like apartment, house or room, then you can earn money from Airbnb as a host. Once your guest checks in, you will receive payouts through PayPal, direct deposit and other options.
2. Airbnb Affiliate Program :
The Airbnb affiliate program is open for webmasters and app owners. However, the website or app must attract at least 1 million monthly visits or app openings. The Airbnb affiliate program is categorized further into 2 categories : (a) Guest affiliate program and (b) Host affiliate program.
Guest Affiliate Program :
The qualified affiliates will earn commission for referring guests. When a guest clicks on the listing from your website, books a property and checks in, you will get paid for it. The more guests you drive to Airbnb, the more affiliate income you can generate.
Host Affiliate Program :
The affiliates will also earn for recommending Airbnb to hosts. Whenever any host Signup using your affiliate link, you will receive commission.
Terms And Conditions For Site Owners And App Owners To Join Airbnb Affiliate Program :
- The first and basic requirement for joining Airbnb affiliate program is huge traffic. Airbnb will turndown the websites and apps generating less than 1 million visits or openings.
- Airbnb also look out the niche of the website or app. If you are having a travel or hospitality website/blog/app, then you are eligible to join as a Airbnb affiliate. Mostly they would not prefer other niches even though they generate millions of visits.
3. Airbnb Referral Program :
The Airbnb referral program lets you earn travel credits for referring hosts. Unlike Airbnb affiliate program, you do not earn real cash. You can use travel credits for the next booking. The earnings purely depends on your country and bookings. Airbnb referral program can also be used for inviting friends. For example, you invited your friend using special invitation link. He will be eligible to get discount on first trip while signing up. At the same time, you will receive travel credit.
How To Promote Airbnb?
You can promote Airbnb using the following methods :
Invite friends and Refer hosts :
- Recommend people to Airbnb by mailing them. You can import E-Mail addresses from Gmail, Yahoo and Outlook.
- By sharing invite link on Facebook, WhatsApp, Website, Blog, Twitter, FB messenger, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and SMS.
What Are The Best Features Of Airbnb Affiliate Program?
- Airbnb is available in 191 countries and more than 4 million properties are listed.
- Airbnb handles more than 100,000 bookings daily. Now, one can imagine the earning potential of affiliates.
- Multiple income opportunity : Being a Airbnb affiliate, you can earn for referring host as well as guest.
What Are The Best Features Of Airbnb Referral Program?
- Unlike Airbnb affiliate program, there are no restrictions to join referral program.
- Any one from 191 countries can join Airbnb referral program.
- You can straightaway start referring people to Airbnb.
- Custom links
- Guaranteed credits
Final Conclusion :
The Airbnb affiliate program works only for 1 million+ website visits or openings. This affiliate program is ideal for travel niche websites, blogs or apps. Airbnb did not give any clarity about the commission rates of affiliates. If you are not qualified as an affiliate, then join referral program and earn credit for referring people. If you worked with Airbnb affiliate program or referral program, then please share your experiences in the comments section. Hope this Airbnb affiliate program and referral program article help people to get started.
Disclosure: We are a professional review site that may or may not receive the compensation from the companies whose products we review. Some posts in this website contain affiliate links. We test each program or network thoroughly and give high marks to only the very best. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.