Media.net is a new alternative to the Google Adsense program. Now bloggers and publishers can make money with Media.net. The Yahoo Bing contextual ads network partnered with Media.net advertising network. The RPM (Revenue Per 1000 Impressions) of Media.net is high which made it a best competitor to Adsense. The major advantage is that the advertisements served by Media.net are showing relevancy to the niche. The Media.net publishers can customize the size, colors and skin of the advertisements. They can block certain set of ads to show up on their sites. Basically the revenue model of the Media.net is CPM ( Cost Per 1000 Impressions) based. Media.net is offering different types of advertising solutions like content based, search targeting, web bar and mobile ads.
The major requirements of a website to take part and make money with Media.net program are as follows :
1. The site must contain great and original content and be able to generate good traffic from US, UK and Canada.
2. The site must update very often and strictly follow copyright guidelines.
3. The sites meant for advertising are not allowed to join Media.net program.
4. The sites which encourage hatred speeches, racism, drugs, pornography, piracy, warez and any illegal content would be disapproved by Media.net.
5. The sites should not encourage invalid clicks to generate traffic.
6. Media.net won’t approve the sites which are under construction, free hosted and parked.
Media.net pays its publishers on net 30 basis via wire transfer or Paypal. The threshold amount is $100.
1. The RPM (Revenue Per 1000 Impressions) of Media.net is very high when compared to other ad networks.
2. The publishers can run Media.net ads along with Adsense on their sites.
3. The customer support team of Media.net is very helpful and you can get the prompt response from them.
4. The Media.net advertisements are highly targeted, performance based and relevant to the niche of the website.
1. The Media.net publisher needs to apply for each site separately unlike Google Adsense which requires only one time approval.
2. Media.net doesn’t reveal CPC (Cost Per Click) and CTR (Click Through Ratio) statistics.
3. Media.net won’t approve Non-English websites to take part in the publisher program.
To join the Media.net publisher program go to http://contextualads.yahoo.net and click Request An Invite.
Final Conclusion: This is how one can make money with Media.net. It is a great alternative to Google Adsense.