Luminate is a reputable image advertising platform where publishers can make money from image content. Publishers can really boost up their revenues with this amazing program. The best thing about Luminate is that you can see the relevant ads as they are highly targeted. According to their site they are currently serving 5 billion monthly image views.
How does it work
Luminate is offering following categories of apps to its publishers
1. Ads and sponsored content
2. Products in the Picture
3. Related tweets
4. Image sharing
Screenshot of Text ad
Screenshot of Product in the Picture
Screenshot of Related Content
Luminate Premium international ad program
Luminate has partnered with Google to offer premium ads to its publishers. But, the publisher site must attract 10,000 page views per month. The adsense ads would be displayed on the publisher sites.
Screenshot of premium Luminate ads (Google adsense)
1. Publishers can customize the color of the ads according to their sites.
2. The setup of ads is very easy. You don’t need to do anything from your side other than adding the code.
3. Luminate ads are asynchronous in nature. So it doesn’t slow down the loading time of your site.
4. The support team is good and helpful.
5. You can sign up multiple sites once your account gets created.
6. Low threshold payment
1. The publishers need to add code to each page to display ads on their images.
2. Luminate doesn’t work well with lightbox, slideshow and lazy load scripts.
3. Luminate ads works only if the image size is bigger than 200px x 200px. This is the biggest drawback for the publisher sites with smaller images.
4. Luminate only works in Internet explorer 8 and higher.
The minimum payout is $10 and you will get paid via Paypal or check. You will receive the current month earnings at the end of the following month. The revenue is purely based on clicks and impressions.
Final conclusion : Luminate ads suits well for Fashion, Beauty and Entertainment sites. It is not confined to these niches alone. It may work well for other niches too. But I recommend to use Luminate as it would be a good source for extra income.
Luminate is acquired by Yahoo and the ads stopped working.
Disclosure: We are a professional review site that may or may not receive the compensation from the companies whose products we review. Some posts in this website contain affiliate links. We test each program or network thoroughly and give high marks to only the very best. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.