Useful Tips on Writing your Research Paper
Writing a research paper is not a difficult task if you have a good instruction and helpful advice from experienced people.
Best Advice on Writing Your Research Paper
There’s a great rule among writer: “Publish or perish.” Starting to write own research paper, a young scientist can stay in a state of confusion for a long time, not knowing where to start. Everyone has his way to solve the problem of starting from a scratch: the one, first of all, writes an annotation (short summary), another writes about the used materials and methods, the third start with conclusions, someone prepares illustrations and tables showing the results of the work, and forms the topics basement due to which the narrative will be built. The order at this stage is not principle: all of them will have to be changed many times. Which sections and in which order is better to write, what should be included in each of them and other useful information we are going to consider in this article.
A Few Recommendations on Writing own Research Paper
In order to write the paper and to avoid its difficult process, you should never forget about the major principles of its writing:
- A well-written paper has to be useful for the readers, so you have to determine a specific field of the topic. If the theme of the work is for some specialists, be sure to mention about it in the introduction.
- The paper is not the paragraphs, which contain someone else’s theoretical statements and authors opinion. The paper is your own point of view about the problem, which is based on the analysis of material from different sources. Try to use more facts, scientific information. If you want to claim something, make sure you mention a reliable source. For example, if you describe about how people communicate with one another or try to explain the problems of communication, you have to give statistics, interesting facts, theories, for example uncertainty reduction theory.
- Do not try to imitate the journalistic style or any type of the essay in your research paper. This type of writing is always based on the fixed contributions which you disclose through the facts. The author provides links to other work of other researchers. If you plan to state only your thoughts on any occasion and do not confirm it by any reliable source – such writing cannot be considered as research paper.
- Don’t neglect following an appropriate style. Very often, some writers tend to show their brilliant language and use a large number the words that cannot explain. As a result, the text turns out to be difficult to read even for clever people. Most likely, your paper the reader will not want read till the last word. You should use only those words, which you can explain.
- While engaging in the revealing of the topic, give a small historical reference about your problem. Even if the topic of your work is innovative, you can always find a theoretical basis for your topic.
- The volume of the research paper also matters as it’s not a short essay. Do not try to give a lot of data in a short article. It is better to point out only certain aspect of the topic in the work. This narrows the subject sufficiently. Doing so, you are able to explain the reader all the nuances of the chosen topic and the problem.
- The best paper is that, which is divided into paragraphs or sections.
- Try not to be distracted in explaining your point of view from the major problem of the topic. Check if the headings and the content itself are correlated.
- Make sure that the final judgments have a logical output.
Writing Research Paper Step by Step
If you follow a certain order in your writing, then you create a logical and informative content. Following the next given scheme of crafting your research paper, it is possible to make the paper engaging and useful.
- Decide on the topic’s dilemma and its relevant aspects, which you will illustrate in the text.
- If you are aware of chosen topic and you have draft of the paper, then be sure to reread it. It will help to avoid typical mistakes and disagreements in your opinions.
- Find out what innovative you can propose on the chosen problem, and how it should be explained and described.
- Always rely on the scientific sources. Look for the latest new data on your topic. It will be especially relevant using references.
- Decide on various exciting topics, and then select the most relevant. The final choice should be made due to what new alternative solutions for the chosen problem you can offer.
The structure of the research paper usually includes:
- the main body (divided into paragraphs);
- links and used sources.
The research paper also should contain an annotation, which consists of a few sentences. Consider the methods of research in your paper. It has to be new and represent only your topic. When you finish writing the body of the research paper, think over how to start the article and finish it.
The introduction consists of:
- theses with useful data;
- your assessment of the works you analyze this topic;
- a strong reason for writing this research paper;
- the relevance of the topic you research;
- the plan of the research paper.
Once again, you should look through the literature that you use, the beginning of the paper and its body. In the last section of the paper, you should list the results of the researched topic. It shouldn’t be something completely new; this is the logical sum up of author’s thoughts and ideas from the main body.
Your research paper will be really interesting and useful, if you follow our advice and all the above described information (or you can simply give preference to “do my essays” and forget about challenging to write any paperwork). Writing a good research paper is about the correct correlation of the information from the sources you use and your own opinion.
Disclosure: We are a professional review site that may or may not receive the compensation from the companies whose products we review. Some posts in this website contain affiliate links. We test each program or network thoroughly and give high marks to only the very best. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.