8 Best Ways to Write Cost-Effective Google Ads
Contextual advertising is one of the important aspects of promoting products and services on the Internet. It includes a large number of different settings, as well as factors affecting the purchase: analytics, semantics, geo and time targeting.
One of the important components of contextual advertising is an ad. It helps to cut off non-target customers, solve the pain of a potential customer and direct him/her to the page where he/she can find a clear answer to his/her request. Let’s take a look at what you need to know and consider in order for your ads on the Google Search Network to be as effective as possible. To achieve your goal quickly, you’re recommended to use professional services which offer help with paper writing online. If you have much free time, try to do it on your own following the tips below.
How to Write a Cost-Effective Google Ad?
Before you start creating ads, you need to:
- Write a hooking title. Only a third of users read full ad texts. Therefore, you need to try to convey to the target audience all the useful information in the heading. At the same time, it must be taken into account that people repel complex things at the psychological level, which means that the headline should be concise, simple, understandable even for a child. The exception will be only specific industries where the use of narrow terms is an indicator of your competence. And vice versa, if your target audience is young people, then using slang will be justified, and the terms and treatment of “you” are unlikely to be appropriate.
- Analyze the market and competitors. You can do this in many ways. The first one is very simple: you write in a query that will be in keywords and look at the results of Google. Then, study the ads, UTP competitors, etc. The second method is more interesting since you can analyze data not only by key queries but also by competitor domains. To do this, you can use the Serpstat API and upload all the ads to Google Spreadsheets, where they can be easily copied and compared.
- Create a unique selling proposition (USP). The text and title of the ad must necessarily contain a unique selling proposition, that is, a description of the benefits that your potential customer will receive by purchasing your product. Here the obstacle is the restriction on the number of letters but this is an extra reason to be smart and succinctly describe the main differences that distinguish your offer against the background of competitors’ announcements. This may be the price, free shipping, fitting before purchase, etc.
- Write eye-catching words. One of the chips that catch the eye of a person is the use of selling additives – the words “guarantee”, “promotion”, “discounts”, “free”, “gift”, “inexpensive”, “cheap”, etc.
- Work out semantics. This Google feature allows you to dynamically add keywords to your ad text that match your search query.
- Use extensions. Be sure to use extensions: site links, refinements, promotions, structured descriptions. All these elements increase the area and visibility of the ad and will be clicked on it more often. Thanks to extensions, CTR of ads can grow by 10% -20%.
- Make a grouping of keywords. Use the keyword in headlines and ad text. Dynamic insertion allows you to specify a keyword, and when displayed, it will be replaced if possible by one of the keywords in this ad group. In addition, the keyword will appear in bold in the ad text when it is displayed.
- Analyze competitor ads and focus on what they write about. If you check what your competitors write about in their ads, you’ll find the answers to the following questions:
- What does your company offer? How are your products or services useful to people?
- What customer actions are you interested in? The call to action is defined here. You need to think about what exactly is expected: a call, booking, recording, buying, etc.
- What categories and types of products do you offer? It is better to write in numbers, and not just a “wide range”.
- What are your prices? By indicating the price, you cut off the display of ads for those who are not ready to pay such an amount, thereby not spending an advertising budget on them.
- What special offers do you have? Promotions, discounts – write about all of them.
Ads on the Google Ads search network are an effective channel for attracting new visitors, leads, and customers, but you need to write them carefully and thoughtfully. Ultimately, the effectiveness of each tool and the overall payback of contextual advertising depends on the specialist who launches it and the client who orders it.