Owning an ecommerce store is more than a necessity in days when the thrust for web traffic replaces and that of footfalls. The best part— these days, you really don’t need much technical know-how to build or run the platform. Ecommerce website builders help build online stores easily, and the choices for you to get rolling, are many.
Here are some of the top ecommerce software solutions that you should audit before you draw up further plans:
Top Online Store Building Software 2017
Based on the current needs of e-commerce stores these days, such as a reasonably priced platform with a variety of features, modern and user-friendly design, ease of access for scaling up, and a great support team, some of the best online store building software solutions are:
With more than 325,000 active online users, Shopify is undoubtedly one of the best software for e- commerce in the market today.
Ideal for startups and large businesses alike, Shopify users are selling products and doing brisk business in the ecommerce arena. Shopify offers you scalability, meaning your online store’s capabilities grow as your business expands in size.
Inherent benefits include:
- 100+ ready-to-use, professional, and beautiful mobile-friendly themes to choose from to ensure that your store looks great, regardless of the device of browsing
- More than 1,500 apps are available that you can add to your store and enhance its functionality
- 24×7 technical support
- You can try the software free for 14 days
BigCommerce is another option you have, if you want to stay away from the technical tangles of online store building. BigCommerce is suitable for both small and large business.
Key highlights of this software are:
- Comes with a comprehensive set of tools that help you to build your own ecommerce store
- Integrated with several social media platforms ensuring more sales and profits
- Just like Shopify, they too have an app store and you can increase the functionality of your store by incorporating the apps
- 24×7 support team at your service
Weebly has the reputation of being one of the most user-friendly website builders in the market. With an intuitive drag and drop feature, building an ecommerce store is a breeze when you use this software. However, it is ideal for stores selling about 20 products.
This is an ideal pick for beginners and though this software is not as comprehensive as BigCommerce or Shopify, it lets you run your online store seamlessly as well.
Key features include:
- You can insert multiple products along with variations of a standard product
- Most administrative processes are automated
This is the perfect example of drag and drop online website builder.
As a website builder, you have more creative freedom while building your store, as you can drop content anywhere on your e-commerce site. None of the other software solutions can give you the publishing capabilities that Wix offers..
It is less advanced compared to Shopify and BigCommerce and ideal for owners who need simple store configurations. You can sell 20 or so products and not more than that.
Key benefits of Wix eCommerce include:
- Great looking design templates to choose from
- Pure drag and drop platform – ease of use
- You can insert multiple products along with multiple variations of one standard product
- Offers fully integrated shopping carts
If you want your website to be image-rich, SquareSpace lets you do that. SquareSpace websites are beautiful and offer stunning templates. You can have full control over your product variants, and it offers you a whole list of tools to manage inventory, generate coupons, configure taxes and shipping options, manage email lists, and build a complete online store.
SquareSpace is ideal if you want a simple, yet good-looking online store.
In a nutshell, if your budget is low and you want to open a small store, and have no plans to expand your business, Weebly, Wix, and SquareSpace fit your bill. However, if you already have a big store or you’re looking for scalability on your ecommerce software, Shopify and BigCommerce are your best choices.
Disclosure: We are a professional review site that may or may not receive the compensation from the companies whose products we review. Some posts in this website contain affiliate links. We test each program or network thoroughly and give high marks to only the very best. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.