I am going to talk about the Amazon affiliate marketing in this post. In the earlier days of the Internet, Google was the search giant and Amazon was the E-commerce giant. Everyone was looking at Amazon whenever they wanted some book or product. I remember when my friends living in the US asked me if I needed something to order from Amazon. Today there are many websites for ordering any product. But I still believe Amazon is unbeatable. At least for a decade.
The Amazon associates’ program was launched in 1998. What is it about? It is nothing but the Amazon affiliate marketing. You might know about affiliate marketing. If you do not know, then let me tell you about it first. The affiliate marketing involves selling products and services of merchants. For that you have to place the banners on websites or text links wherever necessary. When someone opens the referral link and purchases or completes lead, you get the commission. You can find thousands of affiliate programs in hundreds of niches.
The Amazon affiliate marketing is significant among others. Why should someone choose Amazon affiliate program over others? The reason is simple. Amazon is the most trusted brand ever created in the history of the Internet. When you look at the company’s progress since its inception, it is simply incredible. It is not easy to build so much trustworthiness. It takes lots of effort.
Coming to the Amazon affiliate marketing program, tens of thousands of people are earning substantial income every month. I personally know many people who are living on Amazon affiliate income.
How Can You Join the Amazon Affiliate Marketing Program?
For joining as a Amazon affiliate, go to this page, click join now, fill all the fields and submit. The existing users can sign in directly. You will get instant access to the Amazon affiliate program. There is no waiting time. You do not need to attend any interview.
What Is the Amazon Affiliate Marketing Commission Structure?
The commission rates vary from country to country. Please check the commissions of Amazon.com below:
Being a Amazon associate, you will earn when someone gets redirected to Amazon.com, purchases and the product gets dispatched. While going to Amazon.com, it cannot necessarily be always a home page. It can be any page, search or product.
What Are the Amazon Affiliate Marketing Tips and Tricks?
- I just love Amazon SiteStripe feature. This tool lets you get links from any Amazon page. The beauty of this feature is that you would get Text, Image and Text+Image. From text option, you get both short and full links. The Text+Image includes banner and text. You can also share the link on Facebook and Twitter from the toolbar itself. If you do not need this toolbar, you can disable it from the settings.
- If you do not have a group on Facebook, then it is time to have one. Invite your coworkers, friends and family members. Participate in useful discussions and share the product links whenever necessary.
- Many people have created websites or blogs for monetizing with Amazon affiliate marketing program. If you had built a niche blog, then there are few things to remember while promoting the affiliate links. Please do not post product links alone. I have seen many people posting the product’s description and links. This is bad practice. No one would come to your website if you do not offer any useful content. For example, you are interested in hair care. Then create a blog related to hair care. Write compelling blog posts around this niche and recommend the best hair care products from Amazon. The people would be really interested in your recommended products only when they like your content.
- The best place for marketing the amazon products is YouTube. Do you know that millions of YouTube creators are earning tons of money from Amazon? Please remember to create engaging videos. The same rules that I discussed above apply here too. Whether it is a blog or YouTube, the content plays a significant role. You can review any specific product. Do not forget to leave the Amazon product links in the description. At the end of the video, you must notify people to check the links given in the description.
- If you are a WordPress site owner, then installing affiliate themes would really help in increasing sales.
- The other best tip is building connections. Make strong relationships with likeminded people. Whenever they need something from Amazon, give them your affiliate link.
- Take advantage of the regional festivals. Amazon gives best offers on special days. You can let your subscribers know about the best offers.
How To Link Products in the Amazon Affiliate Marketing Program?
- Native shopping ads: It is similar to the AdSense native ads. This widget will display the best recommendations to the users. It will definitely increase the sales.
- Banners: You can select the banners from any category. It is one of the best ways to promote product links. However, the flash banners may not work in mobiles.
- Product links: You can search the products based on keyword or ASIN/ISBN. Once you find the right product, you can get the HTML code of the product link.
- Link to any page: This feature can be set up by selecting product line and sub category. You can put your desired name in the link.
Earn With Amazon Bounty Program:
Do you know that you can earn with the bounty program? The bounty program is a part of the Amazon affiliate marketing. Apart from earning from sales, you can also earn from the signing up of services. It works on the cost per lead model. Some of the services are Prime video, audible, baby registry, music, wedding registry and many.
What Is the Payment Method of the Amazon Affiliate Marketing Program?
At the time of writing this post, there are three payment options:
- Direct deposit: This facility is available for only 52 countries. The minimum payout is $10. Please check the supported countries in the image below:
- Amazon.com gift card: You can receive the payout in the form of a gift card. The minimum payout is $10. You can use this balance for shopping.
- Check: You must reach at least $100 for receiving payment through the Check. It is useful for those countries that are unavailable for receiving payouts through the direct deposit. They may deduct $15 towards the processing fee. If you did not receive the $100 threshold, then your earnings will be rolled out for next month. Please remember that you will not receive the payment until you give the tax information.
What Are the Pros of the Amazon Affiliate Marketing Program?
- Amazon is a trusted brand. So, the people would get convinced easily.
- Easy to get started. You will get instant approval.
- Getting the product links and banners is very easy. You can search the products based on keywords.
- You get paid for every conversion.
- The Amazon affiliate program is compatible with AdSense.
- You can earn up to 10% commission.
- The Product Advertising API lets you integrate Amazon products into your website.
- You can track your performance in real time. The reports include orders, earnings, link type, referrals, tracking ID summary, daily trends and payment history.
What Are the Cons of The Amazon Affiliate Marketing Program?
- The commission rates are less compared to many affiliate programs.
- It works only for a specific audience. For example, you are targeting the US audience. When someone from Australia purchased a product from your link, you do not get any commission.
- Amazon doesn’t offer PayPal as the payment option.
Points To Remember:
- If you want to target a specific audience, then you must join the amazon affiliate program in that country. For example, you must sign up in Amazon.in for joining the Amazon affiliate marketing program in India.
- Please do not promote irrelevant products. For example, you are running a health niche blog. Then promoting gadgets on your blog is a waste. Make sure to promote only relevant products.
- The low traffic sites won’t attract many sales. So, you must work out on the content and traffic. When people find your content informative, then there are brighter chances of getting sales.
- Add Amazon widgets or native shopping ads to your website to increase sales. Use banners and text links wherever necessary.
- Please do not promote Amazon links without creating great content on websites. Remember that you cannot expect sales without traffic.
What Is the Final Conclusion?
The Amazon affiliate marketing is still lucrative. You have multiple products in the same niche. Once you build a great website and attract adequate traffic, you can work out promoting links. If you work on Amazon affiliate marketing, then please share your experiences. Hope this article helps people in getting started as a Amazon affiliate.
Note: Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.