Facebook Video Monetization Review (2019) : Ad Breaks Guide
I am going to talk about the Facebook video monetization in this post. Are you surprised by this title? Yes, you can earn money from the published videos in the Facebook pages. I am really late for not writing it long ago. I was really excited for this feature. But, thousands of the publishers found this feature unavailable. So, I waited for it. Earlier I wrote about the Facebook audience network and Instant articles. If you do not know how to setup the instant articles, then follow this article.
Coming to the Facebook video monetization, you can earn money from your videos. Let me go into the details now.
What Is The Facebook Video Monetization And Ad Breaks?
As the name suggests, you can monetize your videos that are uploaded on your Facebook page. The Ad breaks is the name given by the Facebook for the short ads that are placed in your videos. You can include the ad breaks in specific videos or all videos that are uploaded in your Facebook page. The Facebook let you choose your own placements. One must remember that you cannot simply place ad breaks on all pages. The Facebook team will allow only eligible pages for enabling video monetization.
What Is The Facebook Video Monetization Eligibility? (Ad Breaks Requirements)
- You must be 18 years old for participating in this program.
- You must also follow the community standards in case of both monetized and non-monetized videos. Your videos must not contain objectionable content.
- The Facebook doesn’t accept the following videos : Static, poll, slides, text montages and looping videos.
- Your videos must not contain any copyrighted content. As long as your video content is original and authentic, there are more chances of getting approval.
- You must publish the videos on your page, not on your profile.
- The page must have at least 10,000 followers.
- The videos must be at least 3 minutes long. You must attract at least 30,000 views on all videos within 60 days. Remember that you can publish the videos longer than 3 minutes.
- The advertisers will monitor your videos time to time. If they find something offensive, they may stop showing ads.
- You must belong to the eligible country. Please check the list given below.
What Are The Countries And Languages That Are Eligible For The Ad Breaks? (Facebook Video Monetization)
At the time of writing this post, the pages that publish videos in multiple languages are not eligible. Please check this countries and languages list.
Remember to have the video in one language. The Facebook has cited the following 3 examples :
The language must be same in the
- Audio and subtitles
- Audio and music
- Text and audio
If your video do not qualify for the monetization, then you can edit it and reapply again.
How Can You Check The Facebook Page’s Monetization Eligibility?
To find whether the Facebook page is eligible for the monetization or not, follow these steps :
- Go to the Creator studio page.
- Once you login, you can find the Monetization tab in the left.
- Select your pages and check the eligibility. You can review the status.
- If there are serious issues with your page, then you cannot monetize it.
Please see the image below for the monetization status.
How Can You Use The Ad Breaks?
One can manage the ad breaks in the Creator studio. You can either use ad breaks in the specific videos or all videos. There are two options for using ad breaks : 1. Automatic placements 2. Choose placements : You can put ads at the different points in your video. Once you set up the ad breaks, you can select the video’s language. Make sure to use the same language in all videos.
Even if you can’t monetize your videos, you can use the creator studio for enhancing pages and Instagram account.
Note : You must not ask others to watch your videos. The Facebook doesn't allow the click baits.
How Can You Appeal If You Lose The Ad Breaks?
If you believe that the monetization is disabled despite following all the policies, then appeal through this page. The Facebook team will look after the issue and if they are convinced, you get the monetization back.
What Are The Tips For Getting Eligibility For The Facebook Video Monetization? (Ad Breaks)
- Create compelling video content.
- Build connections on all social media platforms. Drive them to your page by sharing links.
- Respond to the questions and comments.
- You must make your page discoverable.
- Be consistent in creating videos. Publishing 2 videos in a week will help you in getting views.
How Will You Get Paid?
The payments will be made every month. You must reach at least $100 for withdrawing funds. The payment options are PayPal and bank transfer.
What Are The Best Features Of The Facebook Video Monetization? (Ad Breaks)
- The very first benefit is working with a brand like Facebook. But, they removed my page ruthlessly.
- You will get rewarded for your creative work.
- The support team helps you in every phase. Ask anything about Ad breaks and they will help you.
- You don’t need to be a techie for monetizing the videos. If you are feeling difficult, then setup automatic placements.
- You can track your performance, loyalty and revenue in the Creator studio.
Compare The Facebook Video Monetization (Ad Breaks) Vs YouTube
The Facebook video monetization program has a lot of restrictions compared to the YouTube. Whereas the YouTube doesn’t impose country and language specific restrictions. The Ad breaks works only for high engaging pages. Any one can start a YouTube channel. However your channel has to attract 1000 subscribers and 4000 watched hours in 1 year. From my perspective, it is easier to monetize a YouTube channel instead of the Facebook video monetization.
What Is The Final Conclusion?
The Facebook video monetization is ideal for the US audience and high traffic pages. If you had monetized your videos with Ad breaks, then please share your experiences. Hope this review of Ad breaks help the creators for getting started.