Flipping domain names is one of the best methods to make money online. So what exactly is this domain flipping? Flipping is nothing but a process of buying and selling domains. There is no rocket science behind it. Any one who is well versed with Internet can do it. But, remember that there are many ways to flip domains. The very basic way doesn’t need any technical knowledge. So, let us get into the details now.
Generally there are two ways to flip domain names:
- Basic Domain Flipping: You can straightaway go to marketplaces like Sedo, Namejet and Godaddy. Choose and buy your desired best domain(s) like xyz.com. You can now sell it after some couple of days. Now this is the basic way that I mentioned earlier where you don’t need to be a techie. If you’re a newbie then try to buy a domain at very low cost. For instance you may find a good domain name in $10. After 2 months you can sell it for $100 which is actually a fair deal.
- Advanced Domain Flipping: In this case you need to have good knowledge of SEO. Many experienced flippers use SEO strategies to rank domain names. They research well before buying a domain name. They first check the age, Domain authority and backlinks of a domain. If the domain has a good authority and backlinks then they don’t hesitate to buy it for a higher price. If the domain name is great with low authority and backlinks then they try to optimize it using SEO ranking strategies. The strategies include adding content, increasing domain authority and link building. Many experts use advance domain flipping for great returns. Recently a well-known flipper has sold a domain 1000 times its original price. It takes a lot of time for nourishment. So the flippers must not be in a hurry to sell domains.
Note: One must not confuse domain flipping with website flipping. Website flipping deals with buying and selling websites.
What Are The Things You Need To Keep In Mind While Buying Domain Names For Flipping?
- Always buy short and easy to remember domain names. (Good example: sedo.com ; Bad example: howtosellandbuydomainnames.com)
- Avoid over usage of alphanumeric domain names ( Good example: way2earning.com ; Bad example : ghfd3456.com )
- Make sure to find keyword rich and niche related domains.
- When it comes to top-level domains .com is the best extension ever. So keep .com in your mind while buying a domain name.
- Check the age, backlinks, domain authority using SEMRush and Moz.
Parking is the only solution where you don’t want to flip a domain but want to make money out if it. Sedo is the best website to park your domains. Generally they create a single page website with your domain name and put ads on it. You can make decent money by parking domains. Even GoDaddy is offering parking service. You need to research first before jumping into parking domains.
Best Places To Buy/Sell Domain(s)
Domain flipping is one of the best way to make money online. You can start with very low investment as there are many registrars offering domains at a cheap rate. If you are an expert in domain flipping or tried it then please do share your experiences. We love to hear your feedback.
Disclosure: We are a professional review site that may or may not receive the compensation from the companies whose products we review. Some posts in this website contain affiliate links. We test each program or network thoroughly and give high marks to only the very best. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.