A Business’s Guide to PPC Advertising
Advertising is about promoting a product, service, or idea to influence various individuals. It aims to motivate consumers to buy or do something. Likewise, this type of promotion allows businesses to inform consumers about their brands in the market.
Businesses that want to sell products or services have various options on how to advertise their brand. Some examples of advertising include social media, native, direct mail, and pay-per-call brand marketing. When choosing the best type of advertising, one must consider factors such as budget or the kind of market or product at hand.
If you advertise your business, you can either do it through earned or paid. To explain these two terms, earned advertising is the added exposure a business can obtain in the media without spending money. One example can include news coverage of a recent store opening. Paid or Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising, nevertheless, involves paying a fee whenever a user clicks on an ad.
In this guide, the focus will be on paid advertising. Continue reading to know more about it.
How Does PPC Advertising Work?
Based on the kind of platform you’ll use, PPC advertising works in various ways. Yet, the general steps involve the following:
- Choose the campaign type depending on your current objective;
- Filter the settings and targeting (audiences, locations, devices, schedule, and more);
- Set the bidding strategy and budget;
- Put in the ad’s destination Uniform Resource Locator (URL);
- Create an ad; and the like.
The bid, campaign settings, budget, and the ad’s relevance and quality will be the algorithmic basis for when and where your ad will appear and how much you’ll spend every time users click on it.
If you implement a trustworthy and relevant PPC campaign, all PPC advertising platforms can reward you with lower ad costs and higher ad positioning. For one, these platforms put users’ satisfaction in mind, and such type of campaign can meet this demand.
Ultimately, you can partner with a PPC advertising agency if you want to outsource your paid advertising process. They can manage this type of advertising to contribute to the success of your business.
Benefits Of PPC Advertising
PPC advertising offers benefits that your business must not miss. This type of advertising isn’t only cost-effective, but it’s also a promotional tool that you can form and handle in-house. More so, it’s both trackable and measurable—something not always found in other forms of advertising. The following are two of the advantages of PPC:
- You Can Easily Manage and Test PPC Ads: You can quickly manage the ad placement, target keywords, or budget through PPC ads. Conducting split tests in different ads to determine which one is more effective is possible as well. Ultimately, you can scale the advertisements that work ideally until they don’t offer ideal outcomes.
- You Can Have Effective Targeting Options: In PPC advertising, you can easily target certain audiences by knowing their search behavior, demographic data, browsing history, and others. You can reach your ideal audiences and boost impressions by experimenting and testing different targeting options.
Overall, you can consider these benefits if you’re not implementing PPC advertising as part of your business procedure yet.
PPC Advertising Strategies
Once you employ PPC advertising as your promotional procedure, you can consider various strategies to ensure you’ll reap its benefits. Here are examples of those strategies that will prove effective for your PPC campaigns.
- Perform An Ad Remarketing Campaign
By starting PPC ads remarketing campaigns to retarget site visitors, it’s more likely that they’ll buy your product or avail themselves of your service rather than choosing a competitor. You can achieve this purchasing action from those people as remarketing allows a business to deliver ads that are tailored to what they want.
- Launch Mobile-Specific Ads
Today, more people are using mobile devices. Because of the massive audiences your ads can show on these devices, it makes sense why you need to launch PPC ads tailored for mobile users.
Three tips for launching successful mobile ads are:
- Use strong Call-To-Actions (CTAs) to hold user interest and attention;
- Create targeted ads based on the user’s Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi) and Global Positioning System (GPS) location; and
- Test your site’s speed to ensure it fits with users of mobile devices.
Applying these three examples ensures you won’t waste time and money with this PPC ad type.
Your business can use PPC advertising to promote its products or services. Gaining customers and spreading the word about your brand is attainable as well because of it.
PPC advertising is different from the rest as it provides various retargeting options and is more cost-effective. What matters is to launch PPC ads that are reliable and relevant to users.
If you want to incorporate PPC advertising into your business, there are points to consider. This post tackled some of those, and you can refer to them to have more effective PPC ads campaigns.