GainURL Series 1 : How Publishers Can Make Money
GainURL is a URL shortening network based in UK. In this series I would like to cover how publishers can take maximum advantage of this URL shortening network. Here the publishers that I’m referring is bloggers and webmasters.
There are hundreds of URL shortening services where the “skip ad” could be compromised. Having a Captcha is beneficial for the shortened link.
- The webmasters registered with Gainurl can use API or Quicklink option to shrink the URLs. The best trick is to link the “Call to action” buttons to shortened URL. For instance you are webmaster of a movie site and you can link “Click here to watch movie” button to the shortened link. The format of shortened link is gainurl.com/xxxxxx. You can see the example of the image below.
2. You can also insert GainURL links between the pages within an article. You can find sites where there could be multiple pages say 4-5 within the article. When a reader tries to see the article he/she may get redirected to Recaptcha page. Once the visitor passes it you get paid. It’s really cool. Isn’t it? Please find the image below to get clear idea.
3. There is a whole advantage of using on landing or affiliate pages. You can simply use API tool here. When some one wants to take action on these type of pages they will get redirected to GainURL Recaptcha. Once the visitor passes the Captcha test he will be redirected to the merchant page. It is so simple. Please find the screenshot below.
Many URL shortening services are not offering a plugin for WordPress users. Having a WordPress plugin to monetize your URLs is a great idea. So, I assume that you are a WordPress user and want to know how you can shorten links. Before getting started make sure that you have account on GainURL. Once you get registered please follow the following steps :
Method 1 : Go to GainURL WordPress Plugin page and download it. Upload the downloaded zip file by using upload plugin option. Press Install now and later activate it.
Method 2 : You can directly search for GainURL keyword and activate it.
The WordPress can either use method 1 or method 2 to install the plugin. Once you get done installing it open the GainURL option.
You could see the following 2 sections under the option :
- Main Settings : To enable the plugin the wordpress user must paste the API token. You could also control the frequency of Captcha. To make good revenue the users must select the once per session option.
- Type reCAPTCHA : You can exclude specific URLs and domains when someone click on internal links and external links respectively. You can also redirect to desired URLs when someone clicks on special links.
The WordPress bloggers (Not wordpress.com) and webmasters can make decent income with GainURL shortening service. The bloggers and site owners who have tried this service can share their experiences below.
Disclosure: We are a professional review site that may or may not receive the compensation from the companies whose products we review. Some posts in this website contain affiliate links. We test each program or network thoroughly and give high marks to only the very best. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.