Jetpack Ads (WordAds) Review : Monetize Your WordPress Site
Jetpack is a powerful and innovative plugin developed by WordPress. Millions of self hosted WordPress users are using this plugin to manage and secure their sites. Recently JetPack has included “Jetpack Ads” feature in the bundle to monetize your WordPress sites. The Jetpack users have to upgrade or install 4.5 to get direct access of WordAds. Jetpack Ads is powered by WordAds which is helping WordPress sites to monetize since 2012. Jetpack Ads review sites before approving them. However this rule doesn’t apply for JetPack premium users.
How WordAds Work ?
The users can use WordAds to monetize in two ways :
- Self hosted WordPress sites using JetPack Ads
- WordPress.com VIP sites
Unfortunately WordAds is not available for free WordPress.com sites.
Note : Jetpack Ads is readily available for users who have purchased the Jetpack premium plan. Their sites will get instant approval.
Requirements for webmasters to join and use JetPack Ads (WordAds)
- The sites must have custom domains. If you have a WordPress.com blog then you need to redirect it to custom domain.
- The sites must have attracted decent traffic to join this network. Though the exact minimum traffic is not revealed, but you have to generate thousands of page views per month.
- The sites must not host objectionable content like pornography, malware, spyware and adware.
- The sites must not have broken copyright laws.
The publishers can have access to the following ad formats :
- Middle rectangle
- Skyscraper vertical unit
- Video ads (Available for few countries)
The publishers get paid on Net 30 basis. The minimum payout is $100. The only payment option available is PayPal.
- The users can access settings and revenue using Jetpack dashboard.
- WordPress.com users can have direct access to thousands of free compatible themes.
- The users can control ads.
- Creative ads
- Timely payments
JetPack Ads (WordAds) works well for sites having US and European traffic. Being a publisher you must not expect high revenue from this network like Google Adsense. The rates are not bad. The publishers who have tried this network can share their experiences below. You can also send payment proof. Hope this JetPack Ads review help publishers to get started.
Disclosure: We are a professional review site that may or may not receive the compensation from the companies whose products we review. Some posts in this website contain affiliate links. We test each program or network thoroughly and give high marks to only the very best. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.