LinkedIn has started publishing platform for non-influencers in 2014. Initially they released this feature meant for 25,000 users. After fair response this platform was open for everyone. In the earlier days LinkedIn influencers like Bill Gates and Richard Branson shared their content with users. Now everyone has opportunity to share their opinions, views and skills with other LinkedIn users. You could hear many voices talking about business, recruitment, health, psychology, technology, human resources, management, companies and whatnot.
The app that is running back the publishing platform is ‘Pulse’. LinkedIn opened the gates for more than 347 million users to contribute content.
Before getting into deep discussion about LinkedIn publishing platform let me give a brief insight on article marketing and guest posting.
LinkedIn publishing platform is ahead of article marketing and guest posting
There were days when bloggers and writers would submit their content to article directories like ezinearticles and articlesbase. The motive behind it was quite simple. They would get link to their sites and get exposure as an expert author. I tried my luck with ezinearticles back in 2010 and managed to publish 2 articles 7 Simple Tips For Promoting Your Site and Zero Investment Online Businesses . I got 2 backlinks pointing to my site.
Some years later Google found article marketing strategy as uninteresting and intrusive. Google stopped ranking articles from article directories. Even great articles were badly affected by this penalty.
The Guest posting was a new strategy at that time. Later people shifted from article directories to guest posting. No one has ever thought that this strategy would make a mess of it. Bad people spinned content and spammed everywhere to manipulate rankings. This made Google angry and rest is history. Matt Cutts Of Google openly warned webmasters to stay away from guest posting. One shouldn’t assume that guest posting is dead. Guest bloggers can write it for fun and could link back to their sites. The only rule is webmasters must the make the links as no-follow. If the content is worth to readers guest bloggers could attract huge traffic to their sites. Google only cares when one tries to manipulate rankings with do-follow links. The intention is pretty much clear. Reputed authors and bloggers delivering high quality content on other blogs got exempted from penalties.
One must know why guest bloggers should beware of Google for god’s sake.
Finally Google slapped hundreds of guest blogging networks with penalties like non-indexing from search.
Using LinkedIn’s platform brands promote their businesses, employees show their professional skills and Webmasters or bloggers drive traffic to their websites. Apart from promoting people could actually increase their influence. There are more chances to reach global audience by presenting informative and purposeful piece of content. The more likes and comments one receive for the long form post the more chances to reach wider audience.
- You don’t need to buy a domain name and hosting. LinkedIn manages everything for you.
- LinkedIn publishing platform is very similar to other CMS platforms like WordPress. Adding relevant images to the content adds value. Brands and bloggers must link keywords pointing to their websites for maximum gain. Internal linking always help as in the case of blogs.
- Bloggers and businesses could drive decent traffic to their sites. One must write relevant articles to increase engagement.
- Publishers could straightaway share their content on other social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
- Publishers could actually show their strengths and skills with their writings. For instance an article written by an aspiring IT employee may impress CEO of a reputed IT company. Similarly wannabe entrepreneur might impress Venture capitalist with his writings.
- Not only people from your own network could find your articles on the newsfeed but also others can search for you.
- The published content would be added to your profile. Everyone who visits you can have a glimpse of your writings.
- Publishers have access to statistics like number of views, likes, shares and comments. This info could be used to know the content’s credibility.
- Publishers don’t own their content. LinkedIn can modify your article without your concern.
- The beginners have to struggle to gain engagement and build reputation.
- Literally every time publishers have to come with innovative and new content to compete with others.
- There might be chances of having duplicate content existing on both website and LinkedIn.
Final Conclusion :
LinkedIn publishers need to focus on all the following factors before jumping to write an article :
1. Targeting audience
3. How their articles are going to have impact on readership
Publishers must use their experiences in their writings to encourage newbies. Writing compelling and great content always help. Make the sentences simple and understandable. Engaging with other Influencer’s posts help you to make connections and drive traffic. LinkedIn is a great platform for the people to influence others with their writings.
- Airmeet Affiliate Program: Promote And Get 30% Commission - Jan 22, 2022
- How to Maximize Your Affiliate Program Marketing Efforts - Jan 18, 2022
- 3 steps for building the perfect garden office space - Jan 18, 2022