Does Home Depot have an affiliate program? is the question we have seen in a forum recently.
Yes, the Home Depot affiliate program will reward site owners for recommending their products.
We will be going to talk about the Home Depot affiliate commission rates, cookie period, payment info, pros and cons in this post.
Have you heard about The Home Depot before?
What Is Home Depot?
Home Depot is one of the world’s largest home improvement retailers.
Launched in 1978, this retailer has more than 2000 stores across US, Canada and Mexico.
More than 500,000 associates are connected with The Home Depot.
Now, Home Depot is the largest home improvement retailer in the US.
Apart from mainstream retailing, they are also focusing on online segments to grow their business.
They have 200,000+ products from various categories in their online store.
What Is the Home Depot Affiliate Program?
It is a win-win situation for both Home Depot and site owners.
The site owner will send traffic to the Home Depot website i.e. www.homedepot.com and get paid for every qualified sale.
On the other hand, Home Depot will profit.
To become a Home Depot affiliate, visit https://www.homedepot.com/c/SF_MS_The_Home_Depot_Affiliate_Program.
At the time of writing this article, this affiliate program is managed by the Impact Radius.
If you do not have an account in Impact affiliate network, then it is time to create one.
Once you submit your application, Home Depot will review and let you know the status.
Who Can Join the Home Depot Affiliate Program?
- Any site owner from any part of the world can try this affiliate program.
- You should have an active website to join as an affiliate.
- The sites must comply with Home Depot’s guidelines.
What Are the Products That You Can Promote as A Home Depot Affiliate?
You can promote any product listed in any category on Homedepot.com.
However, the products list is huge and it is almost impossible to promote all 200,000+ products on your site.
You can prioritize the categories and products by their popularity, brands and commission rates.
Again, you need to be more specific about the product you choose for promotion.
There are tens of sub categories in every category and tens to hundreds of products in every sub category.
What Are the Categories That You Can Promote?
You can choose any of these categories to promote:
- Bath and Faucets
- Binds and Window Treatment
- Building Materials
- Decor and Furniture
- Doors and Windows
- Flooring and Area Rugs
- Heating and Cooling
- Holiday decorations
- Kitchen and Kitchenware
- Lawn and Garden
- Lighting and Ceiling Fans
- Outdoor Living and Patio
- Smart Home
- Storage and Organization
How Can Affiliates Promote Home Depot Products?
- You can place the creatives and text links in your websites.
- Select the products that you want to promote and write reviews about them. The reviews will certainly have a remarkable impact on the audience.
- Undoubtedly social media has potential to grab leads. You can create a useful page or group to grow your business. The more people you attract, the more chances to make money.
- Many affiliate marketers were successful in boosting their online income because of YouTube. If you do not have any channel, then you need to create one. Make videos about the Home Depot products and leave your affiliate links in the descriptions.
- Your site may have attracted subscribers. Make a list and send newsletters about the products to your subscribers.
What Are the Home Depot Affiliate Program Commission Rates?
The commission rates range from 1% to 8% depending on the products.
For all the appliances and mobiles, the commission rate is 1%.
Home Depot is offering 8% commission on certain Home Decor products.
The more products you recommend to customers, the more profits you can generate.
You can receive commissions only for qualified sales.
The Home Depot affiliates are not eligible to receive commissions on the following:
- Gift card
- Installation services
- Custom created products
- Select special orders
- In-store purchases
How Can Home Depot Affiliates Receive Payments?
The payment options are Check and Direct deposit.
You must reach at least $100 if you opt to receive via Check and for direct deposit, it is $50.
The payments are made on a monthly basis.
What Are the Best Features of the Home Depot Affiliate Program?
- Being an affiliate, you are working with the world’s top home improvement retailer.
- Even though the shipping is restricted to the United States, the affiliates across the world can join this program.
- The affiliates can have exposure to 2,00,000+ products. You can choose any product from the list.
- You will have access to the impressive promotional materials.
- Being an affiliate, you can track clicks, referrals and revenue in real time.
What Are the Drawbacks?
Apart from the best features, let us talk about a few drawbacks.
The first con is short cookie length. It is only 24 hours.
When a customer clicks on your Home Depot affiliate link and purchases a product after 1 day, you won’t get a single penny.
This is really unfair. The company has to seriously think of changing the cookie period.
It is a big loss for the affiliates.
The shipping is strictly restricted to US alone.
According to them “Homedepot.com only ships within the continental U.S and a limited selection of products to Alaska and Hawaii.”
For instance, your site may attract a global audience.
Then in this case, it is really hard to target only US prospects.
If someone from a non-US country had clicked and showed interest to buy a product, then it would be a failure.
Note: There is a separate affiliate program for Canadians.
You cannot become the Home Depot affiliate if you do not have a website.
Say you are a social media influencer and you have half a million fans. You have decided to promote Home Depot products.
But unfortunately, you do not have a website. There is no way you can earn affiliate commissions.
To make money from Home Depot affiliate program, you should have an active website.
For creating a website, you need a domain name and web hosting.
Our hosting and domain recommendations:
What Is Home Deposit Canada Affiliate Program?
If you are targeting Canadian audience, then join as an affiliate through this page.
You can be from any part of the world to join the Canadian affiliate program.
They don’t have any affiliate program for the Mexicans.
You Might Also Be Interested in These Affiliate Programs:
- Adobe affiliate program
- eBay partner program
- Groupon affiliate program
- JvZoo affiliate program
- Microsoft affiliate program
- Target affiliate program
What Is the Final Conclusion?
Even though Home Depot is allowing all sites, this affiliate program is ideal for the home improvement niche sites.
The Home Depot commission rates are not bad but low compared to many affiliate programs.
However, you can try as a Home Depot affiliate to maximize your online earnings.
Have you worked with Home Depot as an affiliate?
If your answer is yes, then we would love to hear about your working experiences.
We hope this Home Depot affiliate program review helps people while getting started.